Backup of MySQL Database to Amazon S3 using BASH Script
This is a easy way to backup your Mysql Database to Amazon S3 for a regular interval backup – this is all to be done on your server.
First need to have the checklist i.e must important for the any task you want to do in a proper way.
- S3cmd command line configure on server
- A bucket over S3 to store dump file
- Make Bash Script i.e Contains MySQL Credential ( Hostname, Username, DB Name ), Location on your server where you want to store dump (PATH), Log Path.
- Give chmod +x on mysqlbackup Script (mysql.sh)
- Test it and check S3 bucket
- Schedule with cron as per your requirement